Thursday 21 June 2012

So they really killed Her ?.... What is the fate of our country?

This past few day have been the most feared for me.. I'm now scared to walk in my own hood after nine... It just happened that I'm supposed to stay alive and I'm sure that the main reason the robbery attack with gunshots took place just three minutes after i entered my house.. Can you believe this? Just put yourself in my shoes.. I just got home at 12:13am and at 12:16am I began hearing gunshots. Oh Yes! This is no movie, it really did happen.. Should I say I was so blessed and the people attacked were so cursed? They eventually killed her.



They had come down to fix some clinics in our communities but ended up in the hands of robbers.. And it's really strange because my hood has been the coolest of places anyone can live in. The last time there was a robbery incident was in 2000, and even with that one, I'd still say it wasn't my hood since it happened  around the end of the "Rich Guys". We are all the same now since our parents took loans to complete our then uncompleted houses..

After hearing gunshots, I just had to deceive myself it wasn't gunshots but something else. Isn't it funny how one can deceive himself to believe one thing is the other but still take security measures? This I did by hiding my laptop and other devices under dirty cloths. Lol ... This is really funny because I have actually been the same person who would always say, " I know what I'd do if robbers should attack me " . In this case,they were nowhere near my house and I still was hiding stuff.. Can you imagine what I would have done if they were around me?

I moved from one room to the other making sure every family member was saved.. I also had this funny thoughts of which of my friends would be taking which property of mine if this robbers should have met me earlier on the way and killed me... Hmmm, can you blame me? I'm just another Ghana Guy with the fear of being killed by robbers... I first thought of how Jim, my guitar friend would handle my Epiphone Guitar and how Richard, a brother from another mother would praise God for at least giving Him a laptop he so wanted.. Hahahahahaa, this was so serious during the period of the robbery but it really makes me laugh out loud thinking I thought about all this.

I was trying to keep my cool till I heard someone opening my gate, I mean the main gate to house.. At this point, I believe I was dead alive, I grew lean and my penis became smaller. Oh yes !! , it's no joke, all that and many more happened to me.. I had just started saying my last prayer when I heard a lady's voice. She came in for help. But as you know, the normal Ghana Guy wouldn't risk his life for not even the girlfriend at this point.

Some weeks before, the Ghana Guy in me had bragged to my next door neighbor about how I can help them when there's any incident of robbery, Oh Yes I did!! I even told them to find ways and means to just get into my house whenever there's a robbery case so I can help them.. I really did not know what came over me.. But at this point, I'm sure I only did that out of the pain I had when someone came to steal my bicycle. 

I was beginning to regret saying all those stuff and bragging about things I would never try doing that day, wished I could turn back the hands of time to that day, I would have just smiled when the robbery topic was raised and said " God is the giver and He can give me more of what I lost " ..I also tried to lie to myself I was dreaming but I kept lying to myself since this lady went round the whole house banging on windows and doors.. It was funny because I was the only one awake and no one was hearing her. I wished I was sleeping too by then but I was awake...

After about 5mins, I spied through the window and realize she was just alone and it wasn't a setup as I thought all the time she was banging the window, I asked her who she was and it was then that I realized, she was a tour guide staying with the white people who just moved to the nicest house currently in my hood less that 48hours ago. Wow !! She really needed help but who was I? I can't even use the knife not to talk of the gun.

She said they have been attacked by robbers and that she need help. The only help I could give at that point was letting her come in so I call my guys to mount check point int he hood. By this time, my dad and kid sister were hiding behind me. Oh yes!! They were some few metres behind me whilst I spoke to the lady. Since we were still not sure of what was going on, I suggested she comes into the room, sit down and relax so i make some calls, I had my dad and my kid sis around but she refused saying all she wanted from me was help and that she wanted me to go with her so we can arrest the robbers.. I was like WTF!!!, You just saved yourself by escaping so just relax so we can sought our what is already messed up.. She refused saying she's a girl and so she can't just come in so she's going back to the house, I was like, " Are you sick in your heard? " , because i just didn't understand why she'd come and risk myself and family and then just decide to leave.

She just turned and left and looked stupidly and surprised as she left. My night has been messed up and I couldn't sleep throughout the night. Some few hours time, I heard cars moving in and out of my hood but I was till so afraid to come out. I just had to wait till morning I know what really happened and then tell my story.

Just didn't know what happened but i woke up to realize I slept.. lol .. It's funny how one still can't cheat nature in the midst of fear.... I had some lesson to give early that morning so i rushed out of the hood but came back later in the day to hear the sad new of how the the white lady was shot in the head and the other three white guys received severe beating from the robbers. We all prayed she survives but it really did happen that, she gave up the fight, I was just told she died some few hours after the surgery to take out the bullet from her heard.

This is bad news for both country and community.. All I kept saying to myself was, so they really killed her !!


2 comments:

  1. Good narration - Pity about the lady who was shot- may she rest in peace. Dont forget to go for security and self defense training cos it seems you are the man in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm Mariska, you know the problem with we " Ghanaians " , we always wait till the tragedy hits us before we start working .... I am currently taking some courses online to help me protect myself and my family..... Thanks for the comment...

    ReplyDelete