Monday 16 September 2013

In A Mans World

This is a poem I wrote after having a long conversation with my Mum... I believe we all got the greatest Mums in the world who have forgone a whole lot just to make us happy... My Mum is no exception .. She's been to hell and back just to make me smile.. Even though we had our bad times, we still lived like Mum and Son..

I am a young man now and wish she'd be 25 years younger than me,the fear of her growing old is now killing me cos she means the world to me and I keep saying this,  she wouldn't be traded even for Miss World.. Unfortunately for her, she was a single mother, Yes, she went through a whole lot to bring myself and my 2 kid siblings up.. She's hustled and has never stopped hustling..

I decided to put myself in her shoes when the inspiration came for me to write this poem, but I also realized there are other women who go through a whole lot in world also also known A Mans World and me doing just my mothers bit wouldn't be fair so I had to bring them on board.

 In this poems you'd find that Young Lady in Heels, The Corporate Lady, My Mother Who Sells in the Market and the University Girl who need to warm the bed of lecturers just to make her grades ....

I owe My Mum a Range Rover and to pave way for that, i had to write this piece... I just hope the message in here would be sent across ...


IN A MANS WORLD 

They say its a mans world 
Even when the women keep dominating with numbers 
And they still keep saying its a mans world 
Even when the men keep running away from their responsibilities 
They would never stop saying its a mans world 
Even when 5 out of ten men are sperm donors, nothing near fathers  


For a day, I choose to be a woman 
So I can experience 24hrs of womanhood 
Abuse 
Pregnancy 
Pain 
Heartbreak 
Single motherhood 
So I'd give my food out just so my children would be satisfied  
So I'd smile, even in pain so my man would feel happy  
All this I'd do in a Mans World 
  
For 24 hours  
I'd like to be that young lady 
Who's worth is calculated by her beauty  
Who's only hope of becoming a great woman lies below the belt of a man in a mans world 
Who's intelligence is only appreciated after a night with lecturers  
For 24hrs , I'd like to wear the heels of this young lady 
Feel the pain she feels in her hips 
And still smile just to impress  
All this I'd do in a Mans World 

Forgive me for the next 24hrs 
Because I'd do the unusual 
By being that African Girl 
Who wouldn't out fear bottle emotions and feelings feared 
Who wouldn't say Yes out of fear, when what i really wanted to say is No 
Who would go only because i really wanted to 
And wouldn't use sex as a tool 
But rather make Him look a fool 
Who thinks his money makes him cool 
I am new school 
And my only tool is school 
This I would do in a Mans World 
  
For the next 24hrs 
I'd like to be my mother 
Nothing but that great orator 
The Toast Queen 
The Queen of Languages 
And the sweet talker  
Who's field of play is the market place 
24/7 in the sun 
Stringing words together  
Composer of great songs and poems 
All in an attempt to win the hearts of customers 
All this I'd do, just to earn a dime, so I can feed my man and children 
In a mans world 
  
For the next 24hrs  
I'd like to be that Woman 
Who'd break all bounds 
Rock shoulders with the men in the mans world 
Manage Companies in the mans world 
Council men in the mans world 
Fight for the rights of fellow women in the mans world 
Command respect in the mans world 
And also hold political positions in the mans world 
So for the next 24hrs 
I'd like to be called arrogant 
Just because I know my rights in the mans world  

So I'd give 
And I'd smile  
And all this I'd do for the next 24hrs 
As a woman 
In a mans World  


25/06/2013 Hashmullah Kwophi Mawuli DaCelib8 
(Michael Derrick Williams Danso)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful tribute to women.
    It's a man's world but sadly lots of men ain't living up to their responsibilities

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the read and comment Sir... I just pray we'd be able to in a way or two put ourselves in the shoes of our women, i think with that, we would see them from a different view and then treat them right... They deserve all the good of our hustle...

    ReplyDelete
  3. women!from every angle of view,they simply had to fit in to this part of our creation.great piece man!

    ReplyDelete