Tuesday 25 March 2014

A Letter to my Unborn Child

A LETTER TO MY UNBORN CHILD


25th March, 2014
Hello Nhyira,
          I know you're doing great wherever you find yourself now and i am so sure of this since that place is nowhere near where i am now... I was once there too, so unfortunate my dad never wrote me letters from here since it'd have caused a paradigm shift in my decision to make it to this destination, Ghana is what they call here...
          This is my first letter to you and I know you're not happy with me cos you'd wish you're here now.. It's good and bad and I know by the end of this letter, you'd forever be grateful to me for holding on this long.. I call you Nhyira which mean Blessing in my mother tongue Twi, this is spoken in Ghana where you'd surely be calling your " Motherland " in future and I know you'd not only become a blessing to me but anyone who comes into contact with..
          Be you a boy or girl, you'd still be Nyira Danso, you'd surely have a middle name which would precede my last name, Danso. I inherited this name from my Grand Father, it means " Be Unique ", Da nso is how it is pronounced in Twi.. Don't get scared, you surely would find a way to pronounce it at the end day and don't be bothered cos all your friend are using the Johnsons, Wilsons, Woods and Simmons, when you finally get here, tell them you would have been a Williams if you came 2 years earlier
          Nyira, yesterday being " The International Day for the Unborn Child ", I decided to pen down this note, filled with an overdose of undiluted sincerity, the kind of note every unborn child would have wished their dad wrote to them before they journeyed down to earth and their respective continents and countries. Don't think I'm joking, cos i was shocked when i got to earth, so shocked that I wasn't able to talk for more than a year and half. I don't want that to be your portion.. I need you talk immediately you get here, I know I'd be in there somewhere to usher you into this world, it would be one of the happiest moment in my life, if not happiest!
          I won't waste your time by telling you much about your "Motherland", it did me no good and it's one of the main reasons I decided to pre-inform you before you even think of fighting your way down here, I know you would have fought over  a thousand other siblings just make it down here,that alone makes you a fighter but don't deceive yourself and think that makes you strong and extra prepared for here cos in Ghana your motherland, the fight never ceases.
          In Ghana, even as a baby you'd have to fight with me over who the rightful owner of your mother's breast is, yeah, it's the truth and remember one thing, before she became your mother, she was already my wife. At the playground, you'd have to fight for your position on there, even in school and church too, you'd have to fight for a place everywhere you go even though sometimes it's not worth the fight, cos you only realize there was no reward for the fight and even if there is, a nicely dressed man or woman called " The Politician " always ends up taking the reward
          Nhyira, I so don't want all that happening to you so I am working really hard to find you a "Fatherland", a place far from here, a place with working facilities and institutions, a place where people would held responsible for every wrong they do and a place where Universities in 2032 wouldn't still be treating pen drives as a storage device. I really need you to responsible for yourself way before you're age, I know you'd be greater I would ever cos I made all the mistakes you would have to do in future, I am clearing the path for your safe landing and smooth passage throughout your stay on earth, definitely not in Ghana. They just my light even I prepaid for it, I know you don't want that happening to you.
          I'd be ending my letter in the next few lines cos i need to go fight one of the many fights I so don't want you to, I need to go hustle for enough money so I can leave Ghana for a place I'd discover and a place you'd finally call your "Fatherland", I know this place would surely be the place of your birth, a place far away from this place and continent, maybe Europe, The Americas, Australia and maybe Asia if worse comes to worse. I am not expecting a reply from you, but as you wait for your arrival, never stop praying for me. Keep this places in mind and if you ever should meet God, tell Him to bless me and fix a place around any of this continents for me...Also remember to list this few things down and remember them in your dealings on earth, that is when you finally arrive,


1. Believe in God, He’s always ready to fix our wrongs
2. If you really want to make it to the top, just work hard cos there’s nothing like magic coupons
3. Never stop being a Manchester United Fan
4. You’d have lot of enemies just cos of number 3, never give up, just stay strong cos i know you can
5. Hard work didn’t break my bone so trust me, it’d only make yours stronger
6. Say thank you when people offer help and say sorry when you offend people too, not only does it make them feel appreciated, it makes you feel better
7. To be a strong leader, your services to mankind should be concreted in hearts
8. To survive in this our world, be sure to be of many parts
9. Wait for sometime before reacting to any action against you, see if you’d wish to react same
10. God has never done a miracle with what common sense can do, trust me and don’t be lame!


And before I forget, Grandma and Grandpa say's Hi in advance and your Uncles too, Uncle Kwame, Uncle Kojo, Wofa Abeiku, Uncle Gamey extends their blessings. Please grow up with me in mind when you finally get here, don't be deceived by their looks, cos your uncles have for you.. Till you hear from me again, stay blessed.



                                                                                                             Your Father to be,
                                                                                                   Michael Williams Danso
                                                                                                         
          
          

No comments:

Post a Comment