Friday 23 January 2015

DIFFERENT ME

DIFFERENT ME


I choose to be different
And see the world from a different end

I choose to be real and not pretend
This I'd do even though I  find myself living in a society where one needs enough patience to comprehend just so one can blend

I choose to transcend mediocrity
Accept the bitter realities of life and live a life free of hypocrisy


I live in a society where stereotyping is the order of the day
For one mans sins, many would have to pay

A society where Amelia is stuck to selling Hausa Koko
And Daavi Adjo, the tenth of her generation to sell Gari and beans with kaaklo

I live in a society where the head is always linked with the man
So i even heard that the voice of an irresponsible man still is preferred over that of a fee paying woman

HYPOCRITES,


That's what we've been!!!!

The truth, like the double edged sword, we all fear
For a piece of the cake, we'd tell lies and keep the innocent in tears

But I now choose to be different
Cos I'd now see my world from a different end


(c)Hashmullah Kwophi Mawuli DaCelib8
#21-01-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment